There was a period when I was not interested in to post any recipe but loved to drool over other blogs.During that phase I went from one blog to another to drool over and bookmarked quite a few recipes.I also prepared them almost the very next day,clicked pics and let them be.Now that Nupur has announced BB-6-Potluck edition,I thought I will post all those recipes for her event.
This recipe is from Madhuri's Cook Curry nook.I found the name very different and the dish was awesome.What more can I ask when its so easy to put together!
I used: The original recipe is here.
Left over chapathi - 2 numbers
Curry leaves a few
Red chilli powder-1/2 a teaspoon
Roasted peanuts- a handful
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 teaspoon
Lemon juice-1 teaspoon
Coriander leaves to garnish
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve as such or with plain yogurt.
- Tear the chapthi into small pieces and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and put in mustard,cumin seeds,curry leaves.
- When the mustard pops add the onion,turmeric powder,red chilli powder,salt and saute till the onion is soft.
- Put in the chapathi pieces and stir to mix.
- Add a few teaspoons of water if the chapathi is dry.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Remove from flame and stir in lemon juice.[Do not add while the dish is on the being cooked]
Since this is made using left over Chapathi,this goes to my event Scrumptious delights from leftovers
Labels: Bread Basket, Delights From Leftovers, Flatbreads, Vegan varieties