The other day I had some leftover idlis from breakfast and thought I will give to my maid.She did not turn up for work that day and at night I still had them staring at me.So I changed it into idli upma.[Lil Angel prefers idli upma to idlis!!]Leftover rice from the night's meal is a big 'NO' from my maid who says 'old stuff' doesn't suit her health.Most of the times,I do avoid situations leading to a container full of leftovers staring back at me.But sometimes,this does happens and I am in a dilemma - to use or to waste.Wasting is sinful but there are no takers for the reheated stuffs.So I like to change it in form and present it as another dish.Lo and behold,it disappears within minutes!!!
Then I thought it will be a nice idea to collect ideas and recipes that use leftover food to prepare something tasty and masks the original dish .Turn your idli's into masala / fried idli or use the last few ladles of batter to create a different dish.Let your chapathi's transform into wraps / roll or something new.Create gravies from leftover rasam/sambar.Transform rice into a new and colorful dish...These are just a few ideas from my side.I know you guys are so creative that you will have loads of ideas....So dear buddies,I invite you to send in your ideas / recipes to create a dish using leftovers.
You already know the rules but let me outline it yet again for the benefit of our budding bloggers...
- Cook any Vegan / Vegetarian dish using leftovers and blog about it this month.
- Make a link back to this announcement and if you have used someone's idea, link it to her post as well.
- Multiple entries are welcome
- Archived entries are accepted as long as you link it to the announcements and update the post .
- You can share the recipe sent here with other events as well.
- Non bloggers are most welcome to participate
- The deadline is August 31st 2010.
- Once you have blogged about your dish, mail the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject - Scrumptious Delights From Leftovers
Waiting to see your creative recipes....
- Your name
- Blog name
- URL of the dish
- Share a couple of lines on the dish you prepared- like why u made it or any anecdote related to the dish.
- A picture of your creation.
Labels: Event Announcement