And to add to this there are so many events out there that I am cooking like crazy.So if you find me over-enthusiastic in posting recipes,be assured that this phase too shall pass ;)
Today's second recipe is a simple snack with spinach.One day when Lil Angel refused to eat greens I was shocked.The girl who ate veggies with relish suddenly turned hostile towards them and my bunch of spinach seemed to cry.So I turned it into fritter which she enjoyed immensely.
Spinach -1/2 a bunch,approx. 1/2 a cup [loosely packed] when chopped
Besan /Chickpea flour-1/2 a cup
Rice flour [/ corn flour] - 1/4 cup
Red chilli powder-1/2 a teaspoon
Cumin powder-1/2 a teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
- Wash and pat dry spinach leaves.Chop them into thin strips.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Meanwhile,in a bowl mix besan,rice flour,salt,red chilli powder,cumin powder.
- Add water little by little and make a smooth batter.It should not be too watery or too thick.[You can check by testing if it coats the back of a spoon]
- Add the spinach leaves and use a fork to mix.
- It the batter turns thick,sprinkle a little water.[The batter and the spinach should not show out separately.]
- Take a spoonfuls of this mixture and drop it into hot oil.Cook on medium heat till it turns golden and crispy.
This crispy snack is off to Pari's Kids only event and to Sharmi's Lite teatime snacks