The first time I prepared this dish,I paired it with Pepper flavored rice
One great thing about blogger's block [that affected me a few days ago] is that I am clearing away all my drafts.This one too [as u must have guessed] is more than18 months old and is being served just today,well,in my blog that is.I saw this recipe in Sailu's blog
and paired it with flavored rice ,published the flavored rice recipe and forgot to post this side dish.
I used:[The original recipe is here]
Potato - 3
Mustard seeds-1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder-1 teaspoon
Curry leaves-a few
Coriander powder-1 teaspoon
Cumin powder-1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-1/4 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Peel and boil potato and mash roughly.They should be chunky.
- Heat oil in a pan and put in mustard seeds,curry leaves.
- When the mustard pops,add the onion,garlic and ginger,Saute till the onion is translucent.
- Put in tomato and cook till soft.
- Now add turmeric,chilli powder,cumin powder,coriander powder,salt.Mix well and cook till the oil oozes out.
- Put in the chunky potato and a little water.Mix well.
- Cover and simmer for a few minutes till most of the water dries out.The sabzi should neither be to dry nor like a gravy.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish.
Serve as an accompaniment with rice / roti,garnished with coriander leaves.
This tangy potato joins Nupur's BB6 and Siri's Healing foods,this month hosted here with the theme Tomato
Labels: Goodies from veggies, Potato, Rotisides, Vegan varieties, Whoz on my side