This month Seduce Your Tastebuds hosts Siri's Healing foods.Thanks a bunch Siri for giving me this wonderful opportunity to explore the beautiful and beneficial world of healing foods...
This month I have chosen a vegetable [actually categorized under fruits]
Yes,yes,I am talking about the TOMATOES !!!!
- That was once considered to be poisonous!!Its botanical name translates into 'wolf-peach' giving us the idea that it is cannot be consumed.
- It is native to Western South America and Central America.
- It is available all through the year.
- It is nutritious and very versatile.
- The french call it 'Love apple'!!!
Everyone sure does know about the benefits of Tomatoes.Here is a small recap...
With loads of health benefits,this has become the star of the month on the healing foods calender...
- Purifies the blood
- Improves complexion
- Natural antiseptic
- Antioxidant rich
- Rich source of Vitamin K
- Nicotinic acid in tomato helps reduce cholesterol.
- Decreases the risk of several cancers
- Anti inflammatory property
There are umpteen ways in which tomatoes are used in our day to day cooking like....
If you have more ideas do send them in...
- Chutneys / Dips / Sauces / Ketchup
- Pickles / Preserves
- Curries / Gravies / Stews
- Baked goods
- You can also share cooking tips and techniques/tips and techniques to preserve tomatoes
Now a small reminder about the rules
- Cook any Vegan / Vegetarian dish using TOMATO as the chief ingredient and blog about it this month.[Eggs are allowed in baked goods only.]
- Link back to this announcement and to Siri's Healing foods page is a must.If you have tried a recipe from another blog, link it to that post as well.
- Multiple entries are always welcome.
- Archived entries are accepted as long as you link it to the announcements and update the post .
- You can share the recipe sent here with other events as well.
- Non bloggers are most welcome to participate
- The deadline is August 31st 2010.
- Once you have blogged about your dish, mail the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject - Healing foods-Tomato
- Your name
- Blog name
- URL of the dish
- Share a couple of lines on the dish you prepared.
- A picture of your creation.
Looking forward to your tasty dishes....
Labels: Event Announcement