The medicinal value of these leaves are quite popular and here are some of them...
- They arrest premature graying of hair.So the next time you find it on your plate be sure to pop it into your mouth.
- It also prevents hair loss
- When taken with buttermilk,it stimulates the digestive system.Make a paste of curry leaves and add buttermilk,salt and whip for a few seconds.It makes a delicious and cooling drink.
- It helps control diarrhea and relives upset stomach.
- It is also said to control diabetes.
The curry leaf shrub in mom's place beckoned me to make this taste chutney.There around 4 large shrubs in the backyard and when we walk past them we can catch a whiff of its aroma..
Fresh curry leaves- 2 handfuls
Gram dhal-1 tablespoon
Urad dhal-1 tablespoon
Red chilli -2
Peppercorns-1/2 a teaspoon
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Urad dhal-1/2 a teaspoon
Oil-1 1/2 teaspoon
1.Heat a teaspoon oil in a pan and add the dhals,red chilli,peppercorns and roast till the dhal is brown.
2.Switch off the flame and add the coconut and the curry leaves and saute for a minute.
3.Cool and grind to a paste[it must be a little coarse] with a little water.
4.Remove to a serving dish.
5.Heat the remaining oil and put in the seasonings.When it turns brown pour over chutney and mix well.
This green wonder is being shipped off to Preeti Kashyap for her Green Gourmet event.
Here are some other recipes with curry leaves
Curry leaves flavored rice # 1
Curry leaves flavored rice rice # 2
Curry leaf powder
Dry curry leaves at home in your microwave if you have surplus and use later.
Oh yes,I almost forgot about the update..After a step-motherly treatment towards my travel blog,I updated it with my trip to the Seaside [at dusk] in Qingdao.Do take a look..
Bon Appetit and Bon Voyage...