Until a few minutes ago I never noticed that Seduce Your Tastebuds has a whole bunch of Vegan varieties and this post is its 200th Vegan dish!!!!
I am so happy to present Jeera Pulao that I prepared in the microwave a few months ago and like many other dishes it too was sleeping in my drafts...
I have used brown rice instead of the normal rice and it takes a longer time to cook.You can follow the same method with the regular rice but just adjust timings.Also the quantity of water used may vary with the variety of rice used.This Jeera Pula was a little chewy but delicious and definitely healthy.
Brown rice - 1 cup
Cumin seeds- 2 teaspoons
Onion-1 finely sliced
Green chillies-3 ,slit
Ginger garlic paste- 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves- a few
Cinnamon- a small piece
Oil- 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Serve as such or with a raita / crispy of your choice.It goes well with vegetable kurma too!!!
- Wash and soak brown rice for half an hour.Drain and keep aside.
- In a large microwave proof bowl,put in oil,cumin seeds,onion,ginger garlic paste,curry leaves, cloves, cardamom,cinnamon and bay leaf.
- Mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes or till onion is translucent.Stir once in between.
- Into the same bowl add 3 cups of water,salt and the rice and cover and cook for 20 minutes or till the rice is done.Stir a couple of times in between.
- Let it stand in the microwave for 2 more minutes.
Piping hot Jeera pulao!!!
Labels: Microwave Magic, Rendezvous with Rice, Vegan varieties