Remember that mystery vegetable from PJ'smystery files #1?Yes its radish as quite a few friends had guessed!
I first thought it was a new variety of beetroot.Then on the way home I thought it might be carrot so went ahead to prepare chapathi with carrot stir fry.
Only when I grated it did I find out that it was radish!!!So I prepared this colorful chutney that day and we had it with Corn dosa and another day we had it with pongal.Tasted good with both the dishes.There was no trace of radish in this chutney.
The first time I prepared it Lil angel kept asking for 'strawberry chutney',MIL and hubby guessed beetroot chutney!!!
Here is the recipe for you...
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Curry leaves - few
Salt to taste
Oil-1 ½ teaspoon
1. Heat a little oil in a pan and put in the onion, garlic and ginger, red chillies
2. Sauté till the onion turn translucent.
3. Put in tomato and cook till mushy.
4. Add the radish and cook till the raw smell disappears.
5. Cool and grind with a little water.
6. Transfer into a dish and add salt. Mix well
7. Heat the remaining oil and put in mustard, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
8. When the mustard splutters pour over the chutney
9. Mix well and serve as a side dish.
Doesn't it look colorful!!!
Here are another more purple color dish that is going to give you a treat for the eyes and the tastebuds...
Forbidden rice pudding
Labels: tiffinsides, Vegan varieties, Whoz on my side