When I was thinking what to write for Home Remedies event hosted at A 2 Z Vegetarian cuisine, I remembered the Sukku Malli kashayam that MIL used to prepare.[She is a person who trusts home remedies to medicine.]
Kashayam is a concoction that makes use of herbs / spices used to ease out sickness.Kashayams were used long ago but nowadays youngsters prefer to run to the doctor for every tiny sickness that peeps up!I must say that these kashayams are definitely more effective than medicines and they have no side effects!
This kashayam can be had sipped you have an upset Dizziness/upset tummy / nausea /indigestion / lack of appetite.
Sukku [Dried ginger] - 1 teaspoon
Malli [Coriander seeds]- 1 1/2 tablespoons,crushed
Panam kalkandu[Palm sugar]- to sweeten
You can take 1/4 -1/2 a cup at a time.Repeat once an hour depending on how better you feel.
- Boil water in a pot ,put in the sukku and malli and simmer till it reduces to 3/4 the quantity.
- Strain,add panam kalkandu to sweeten and sip.
Last but not the least,this is not a medical advice.Please consult your medical practitioner before you use this remedy in case you have stomach related problems / any other illness/ taking medicines.
- If ginger powder is not available,use 1 " piece chopped ginger .
- Brown sugar can be used instead of palm sugar.
- You will not be able to drink the whole kashayam at one go.So,this can be stored for a day at room temperature and heated gently and consumed.
Also sending these herbal home remedies...
Ginger tea with brown sugar
Labels: Grandma's Remedy