For all those potato and capsicum fans,here comes a simple dish with the two vegetables that never fail to be omnipresent in our pantry! This goes well as a side dish with steamed rice and also with Chapathi
Potatoes- 2 large,peeled and cubed
Capsicum- 1 large,cubed
Ginger-garlic paste- 1 teaspoon
Chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder-1 teaspoon
Cumin powder-1/2 a teaspoon
Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves-a few
Salt to taste
- In a pan heat oil and put in mustard and cumin seeds.
- When it splutters add the curry leaves and let it crisp.
- Put in ginger garlic paste and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the onion and cook till translucent.
- In goes the tomato and cook till mushy.
- Add the chilli powder,coriander powder,cumin powder,salt and mix well.
- Add around 100ml water and let it come to a boil.
- Put in the potato cubes and cover and cook on medium flame.Stir once in a while and cook till the potato is almost soft.Add more water if needed,a little at a time.
- Put in the capsicum and cover and cook till the potato and capsicum are soft.
- Remove from heat and serve with rice/chapathi.
- Adjust the potato-capsicum ratio to your choice.
- Cut the potato and capsicum to almost the same size.
- Instead of chilli,coriander and cumin powder try MTR sabzi masala / garam masala for a different flavor.
- You can also keep the capsicum crisp if you like.In that case add the capsicum when the potato is 90% cooked,add capsicum and stir.Remove from heat after a couple of minutes.
- If there a little water left after the vegetables are cooked,leave it open and cook for a few minutes till the water evaporates.
Labels: Capsicum Recipes, Dry Veg Curries, Goodies from veggies, Potato, Vegan varieties