Dhal is my personal favorite for chapathis.I always prepare this simple dhal as a side dish but a couple of days ago I felt the dhal would taste better if it has a pronounced garlicky flavor.It sure was a hit at dinner!!
Moong dhal - 1 cup
Garlic-6 cloves,thinly sliced
Red chilli powder-1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-1/4 teaspoon
Curry leaves- a few
Salt to taste
Mix well before you serve.
- Pressure cook the moong dhal + turmeric powder with enough water for 15 minutes or till cooked.It's okay if it turns out mushy.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a pan and put in onion and saute till transparent
- Next in goes the tomato and cook till mushy.
- Put in the cooked moong dhal[mashed lightly],red chilli powder,salt and mix well.Add water to get the desired consistency.
- When it comes to a rolling boil,lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.Remove from heat and pour into a serving dish.
- Heat the remaining oil in a small pan and put in jeera,curry leaves and garlic slices.
- Saute till garlic turns golden brown.Pour over dhal.
Labels: Garlic, Rotisides, Vegan varieties, Whoz on my side