Hereis a yummy rice variety with crunchy capsicum and peanuts.This is quick and easy to make..
Cooked rice -1 cup(each grain should be separate]
Capsicum - 2 big,deseeded and
Curry Leaves- a few
Salt to taste
Roasted groundnuts-2 tablespoons
Roast in Ghee[1 teaspoon] and powder:
Red Chillies- 3 [More if u want it spicy]
Urad dhal-1 teaspoon
Roasted groundnuts-1 tablespoon
- Spread the cooked rice on a plate and drizzle 1 tablespoon ghee over it and mix lightly using a fork.
- Heat the remaining ghee and add and jeera and wait till they splutter.
- Add the curry leaves and when they turn crisp,add the sliced capsicum and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- The capsicum should not turn soft, ensure that they are crunchy.
- Add salt,cooked rice,grated coconut and the powdered spices and combine well.
- Let the flavors blend for a few minutes.
- Add roasted groundnuts,mix well and remove from heat.
- Serve hot with a raita.
Sending it over to Srivalli's Rice mela
Also in the rice mela...
Check out my team mates on RM # 2 day 26
DK 2) Siri 3) Srivalli 4) Ranji 5)PJ [That's me]6)Curry Leaf 7)Medha 8)Priya 9)Bhawna 10)Raaji 11)Ruchii
12)Anu 13)Kamala 14)Roopa 15)Divya Kudua 16)Rekha 17)Divya M 18)Lakshmi 19)Raaga 20)Lakshmi Venkatesh 21)Sripriya22)Viji 23)Kamalika24)Pavani25)Karuna26)Roochi
Labels: Capsicum Recipes, Rendezvous with Rice, Vegan varieties