I know you are surprised by the name!Yes,we have heard keerai kootu and keerai masiyal but keerai sambar!!???Well,this is as simple as a recipe can get and tastes just as yum!
Greens- 1 large bunch,chopped
Toor dhal-1/2 a cup
Sambar powder-2 teaspoons
Salt to taste
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Channa dhal-1 teaspoon
Curry leaves-a few
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and put in the seasonings.
2. When it splutters add the red chillies, onion and garlic and sauté till onion is soft
3. Put in tomato and cook for a minute.
4. Put in around 2 cups water[adjust to suit the consistency that u prefer] and bring to a boil.
5. Add the sambar powder,salt,dhal and greens.
6. Mix well and cover and pressure cook for 15 minutes or till dhal is cooked.
7. Remove from heat and serve hot with steamed rice.
This a favorite meal in our household and sending this to Shama for her event- Family's favorite food
Whenever I make this sort of gravy with green,the curry is always potato based.This curry featured here is the one that MIL used to prepare often.Very simple ingredients and its ready without any fuss.All you need are a few potatoes,garlic and a bit of seasoning and a lovely garlicky potato curry is ready.This combo of greens and potato curry is a winner hence packing it off to Pari's Combo event
Labels: Better Half, Herbs, Sambar Varieties, Sides for Rice, Vegan varieties