For the past couple of weeks, I have this urge to bake cookies , not only for the Bake-a-thon that we are doing but also for the kids as they have been asking for different types of cookies that are not available in the stores!
But considering that each time I have to make the dough and then refrigerate it and then bake, I get lazy or at that exact same time something comes up!
So I wanted a basic cookie dough recipe which can be made and refrigerated so that I can make 4-5 varieties of cookies in one go!
My search landed me in Aparn'a blog and I have adopted that recipe and that is the one that I will be using fro now on. Yes, I have 5 cookies planned with this dough and I will be posting them one after the other..
The best part is that this dough need not be refrigerated before baking. So once the dough is ready, we can start off with baking our favorite cookie!!
Adapted from: My Diverse Kitchen
Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
All Purpose flour - 1 cup
Sugar -1 cup, measured and powdered
Baking Powder- 1 1/2 teaspoons
Butter- 200 grams
Milk-4 tablespoons + a little extra
Take the whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, salt, baking powder in a bowl and whisk well. You can also sift this mixture.Keep aside.
In a large bowl, cra together butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
Add milk and mix.Now add the flour mixture in batches and form a dough. Add a little milk if needed. Do not over work the dough.
The dough is now ready....
These are the cookies that I baked with this basic cookie dough
- I divided the dough into 5 portions. 4 portions weighed 150-160 grams and one portion 260 grams.
- I have cling wrapped the portions and refrigerated 4 of them to bake later.
- I have not used essence here since I will be baking some other flavors as well.
- If the dough is over worked, the cookies will not taste good.
- Add milk little by little for kneading while making the dough.
- Eggless Butterscotch Cookies
- Eggless Stained Glass Cookies
- Peppermint Flavored Sugar Cookies
- Eggless Colorful Christmas Cookies
- Eggless Fruit and Nut Cookies
Labels: Basic Recipes, Oven Fresh Eggless Bakes, Step-by-step Pictorial Recipes