Chapathi and Channa masala is an excellent choice for the lunch box as I know the kids love this combo. It may seem to be a daunting task but with a little pre preparation, this meal can be whipped up quickly even during a busy working day morning!!
In the Lunchbox
Pre-prep - things that can be made ahead[the night before] :
- Prepare the dough and store in an air tight container in the fridge.
Take it out of the fridge the first thing in the morning so that the
- For the Channa masala - boil the channa, prepare the masala paste and store in the fridge
- Encourage the kiddo to have the fruit during the snack break or before
lunch.The nutrients in the fruits are best assimilated if had before a
meal or at least an hour after the meal.
- Use different shapes of cookie cutters and also the kids favorite
ones.This will surely bring a smile on their face as soon as they open
the lunch box!
- If you feel cooking small chapathis take time, then prepare a large chapathi and cut them out with a cookie cutter after the chapathi is cooked. If you are prepared to eat up the small leftover cut out pieces,then this is a very quick method!
- I make the Channa masala a little thick in consistency than what I make when we eat it at home so that it does not spill over.
- I have kept orange here, you can substitute it with any fruit the kid prefers.
- Smearing a little ghee on the chapathi increases the nutritional value of the meal and keeps the chapathi soft too.
Labels: Kids Lunch Box Series