When there is no more dosa batter in the fridge and yet you crave for some crispy dosas / soft and fluffy uthappam, you can satiate your taste buds with some instant dosa / uthappam made with left over rice and a few other ingredients added to the mix!
Leftover / cooked rice- 2 cups
Rice flour- 1/2 cup
Whole wheat flour - 1/2 cup
Yogurt / curd- 1 cup
Salt to taste
Finely Chopped onion
Finely chopped coriander
Here I have prepared onion uthappam...
- In a mixie jar, take the cooked rice. Add a little water and grind to a smooth, thick paste.
- Transfer it into a large bowl.
- Add rice flour, wheat flour and salt.
- Put in yogurt and mix. Add water little by little and bring it to a dosa batter consistency.Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Mix again and make dosas/ uthappam on a hot griddle.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 68
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Morning Raga, Taste from waste, Vegan varieties