My Lil fellow loves Roti/ Chapathi and the similar stuffs. Give him Roti for all his three meals and he is the happiest!! So when it comes to packing lunch boxes, majority of the times it turns out to be a variety of Chapathi/ Paratha.
A while back, I made this for the kids lunch box.This is a nutritious paratha and though the stuffing sound like a lot, it is really easy to prepare and pack . I paired it with a rich and creamy Channa masala. To make the paratha look cute, I have used a flower shaped cookie cutter.
In the lunch box
Pre-prep - things that can be made ahead[the night before] :
- Paratha -Prepare the dough and store in an air tight container in the fridge.
Take it out of the fridge the first thing in the morning so that the
dough softens. If it turns a little bit sticky, add a teaspoon or more of flour and knead again
- Channa Masala - Soak channa the previous morning, boil it, drain and store in fridge.Similarly, make the masala paste ahead and store.
I don't pack lunch in plastic containers. This one is just for the clicks. The lunches get packed in stainless steel tiffin boxes.
- If cooking individual small parathas looks time consuming, cook a large paratha and then cut it with cookie cutter.
- Encourage the kiddo to have the fruit during the break or before
lunch.The nutrients in the fruits are best assimilated if had before a
meal or at least an hour after the meal
- Use different shapes of cookie cutters and also the kids favorite
ones.This will surely bring a smile on their face as soon as they open
the lunch box!
Labels: Kids Lunch Box Series