I love an elaborate breakfast- if someone else prepares it for me.Else most of the times I settle for easy breezy stuffs that gets cooked in very little time and needs no elaborate pre preparation.
This dish is one such breakfast that can be made very quickly and it is so apt for Blogging Marathon #59, Week 2, Day 1, with the theme - Instant breakfasts.
Besan / kadalai maavu / chickpea flour- 1 cup
Yogurt- 1/2 cup
Chili powder- 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder- 1/8 teaspoon
Ajwain - 1 teaspoon
Coriander leaves,chopped - a handful
Salt to taste
Take the besan, chili powder , turmeric powder,ajwain,vegetables,salt in a bowl and give it a mix.
Add yogurt and mix, Add water little by little and bring it to a batter of pouring consistency.
Heat a griddle and pour a ladle full of batter in the centre and spread to a circle.Cover and cook .Flip it when it cooked .Cook on both side ,drizzling a little oil if needed.Remove from griddle once done. Repeat for the remaining batter.
Serve hot with chutney.
- Vegetables are optional but adding them increases the flavor and nutrient quotient of the dish
- Do not skip ajwain. Since besan is a little heavy on the tummy, ajwain aids in easy digestion.
- Asafoetida powder can also be added.
- Chopped green chilies instead of red chili powder.
- Tastes best when served hot
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#59
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Morning Raga, SI, Step-by-step Pictorial Recipes