Capsicum Rice [With Freshly Ground Masala]

Many a times, I have expressed in this little space of mine that I love flavored rice varieties. That love is evident from the fact that there are 100+ rice based dishes on the blog.

And keeping that love alive, I looked up a rice based dish when I was paired with Padma Rekha for the final week of Blogging Marathon # 53. When I was browsing through the recipes, I saw this one with my favorite veggie- Capsicum. So I settled on it and then went on to select side dishes for this too and made it as a meal for dinner.

This rice makes use of fresh ground masala that is really very flavorful.The kids too enjoyed this dish along with the other dishes I cooked from Padma's blog.



I used:
Adapted from Plantain Leaf

Cooked rice- 2 cups
Colored bell pepper / Capsicum- 1/2 cup,chopped
Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
Ground nut- 1 tablespoon
Oil- 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste

For the masala powder

Groundnut- 2 tablespoons
Coriander cumin powder- 1 tablespoon
Red chilies- 2
Sesame seeds- 1 teaspoon
Grated coconut- 2 tablespoons

Masala powder:

Heat a pan and roast the peanuts, sesame seeds+chili, grated coconut separately. Let it cool and them grind it along with coriander cumin powder.Grind in short bursts so that it remains in a powder form else it will become pasty.


Heat a pan with oil and add cumin and mustard.When the mustard pops, add ground nut and let it roast for a minute.


Add the capsicum and saute for a few minutes. I cooked it until it was just done, i.e. it still had a light crunch.Add rice and the masala powder, salt and mix. Simmer for a few minutes and serve


This can be served a such or with a raita and side dish of your choice.






The other two side dishes will be revealed in the coming days.So stay tuned...


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 53

Bon Appetit....

 

Labels: , , , ,