This is yet another easy snack / tiffin box dish that kids will love to eat.I have made this with mini idli but the regular idli can be cut into pieces and used.
Leftover idli from the morning meal can be used. If using freshly steamed idli ,refrigerate it for an hour and then use.Freshly steamed idli turns mushy when added to the masala.
This post is for Srivalli's Kid's Delight event, hosted this month by Sandhya with the theme Snacking all the way, which also happens to be the theme I have taken for Blogging Marathon #52, Week 3.
Mini idlis- 10 numbers
Ginger garlic paste- 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves- a few
Pav bhaji masala - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Oil- 1 tablespoon
Cumin seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- When it sizzles, add ginger garlic paste, onion, curry leaves and saute till the onion is soft.
- Add the capsicum,tomato and cook till tomato is mushy. Now add 1/8 cup of water[or more] and mix well.
- Bring to boil and add turmeric powder, pav bhaji masala, salt and mix.
- Next put in the mini idlis and mix gently so that the masala coats the idli.Simmer and let the flavors blend. Sprinkle a little water if the mixture is very dry.
- Remove from pan and serve as such or with a raita of your choice.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#52
Also sending this to Srivalli's Come, join us for breakfast event...
Labels: Delights From Leftovers, Idli Recipes, KLBIdli, Morning Raga, SI, Snack Bar