This is one of my 'go to' recipe. I made this first when we baked a sinfully delicious chocolate cake
for the eggless baking group.Ever since, this has been a regular in my kitchen. I have a small box with the frosting in the fridge and the kids even use it as a dip for crackers!
Since I use this quite often and my kids favorite, I thought this frosting deserves a separate post.
Butter -1 /4 cup
Hershey's Cocoa powder- 1/2 cup
Powdered sugar - 1/2 cup
Milk- 1/3 cup
- Melt the butter and stir in the cocoa powder.
- Put in the sugar and mix.
- Add the milk little by little ,mixing all the while, till you get a
spreadable consistency. You may or may not use up the 1/3 cup of milk.
So don't add the milk in one go.
- I used Hershey's cocoa powder. Any good quality cocoa powder can be used instead of this one.
- If there are any leftovers, pack in an air tight container and refrigerate and use as required. I am not sure of the shelf life as I have not left it in the fridge for more than 10 days.Somehow or the other, it gets over by then!!
- If it is very thick as soon as you take it out from the fridge, don't use as such. Let it sit outside for 10-15 minutes. If it still looks thick, dilute it with a little warm milk , mix and use.
Labels: Cake Decoration Ideas, Step-by-step Pictorial Recipes