Most of you are aware that the little ones at home love paneer.So I made something or the other with this ingredient and most often end up making gravies than dry curries.This is one such recipe that is a family favorite.
Blanched green peas- 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Garam masala-1 teaspoon
Kasuri methi-1 teaspoon
Fresh curd,whisked-1/2 cup
Salt to taste
For onion paste
- Soak cashews in water for 15 minutes.
- Brown onions in oil till crisp .Blend it along with cashews and a teaspoon of water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and the cumin seeds.
- When it splutters, add the onion and saute till it turns translucent.
- Add tomato and cook till soft.
- Put in the onion-cashew paste and cook for a minute.
- Add 1/2 cup or more of water and add the paneer and peas.Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add garam masala and salt.
- Add more water to get the required consistency.
- Put in the whisked curd and mix gently.Simmer for two minutes.
- Crush the kasuri methi between your palms and add to the gravy.Mix and remover from heat.
Serve with Roti / Chapthi..
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Green Peas, Paneer, Rotisides