In the Jordanian meal that I presented earlier, I made this simple farmer's salad along with the Shorbat Adas.
This is such a simple salad but full of flavor.
Oregano - a large pinch
Spring onion- 2 stalks,chopped
Olive oil-1 teaspoon
Salt and pepper to taste
Lemon juice to taste
- Mix together olive oil,lemon juice,salt ,pepper and oregano.
- Dice the vegetables into equal sized pieces.Add the spring onion to it.
- Add the olive oil mixture into the vegetable mixture.
- Toss well and chill till ready to serve.
- Serve garnished with a few mint leaves.
- Sumac is added in this salad.I could not find it here, so I have used Oregano.
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Flavors from across the border, Jordanian Cuisine, Super salads, Vegan varieties