Last month a group of bloggers decided to do a ABC themed International Blogging Marathon. It was a delicious journey and I enjoyed doing it.Right from selecting the countries, the themes, looking for recipes, preparing and posting them, each step is so memorable .
I did a running roundup of the event and updated it each day and here is how I started the day one post....
The Mega Marathon is back!We are here to blog everyday on the dishes of various countries in an alphabetical manner!
The whole of this month, you will be joining us on a journey through the various cuisines around the world. I am pretty excited to share all that I learnt and cooked for this mega marathon.
There has been a lot of discussions amongst our group members and all of us are so eager to find out which country and which dish has been picked by each one of us!Yes, though we discussed a lot,none of us shared any details!!!!
Last time for the Indian Food Odyssey
, I did random recipes. It was really hard looking up for doable recipes especially form the North Eastern states of India. I remember how much we struggled to get out posts done on time.
This time round, I wanted to do a theme.So I selected- Soups and Salads from across the Globe.
The reasons why I chose to do a theme is...
- I wanted to have a focus! Yes! When I was looking for recipes that I could showcase for this event, I had so many bookmarked that I was not sure which one to select and I ended up being super confused very soon. So decided on a simple theme that I could focus on and look for recipes.
- And to make the focus even more pin pointed, I chose lentil based soups and potato based salads! No, please don't think I am going to showcase the same type of soup and salads everyday. That would be too boring for me to eat and equally boring for you to read! So in between you will also find a non lentil soup and non-potato salad! A small hint- Since I love yogurt, you will be seeing this ingredient to in the form of soup / salad!So keep looking out for them..
- By the time we were talking about this marathon, our group was also talking about making some dietary changes. So with a theme of soups and salads, I achieved two things - One, get the dishes ready for Blogging Marathon and also get a healthy meal!
- And then it would not be fair if I don't mention that I have some stew instead of soups and some veggie stir fries instead of salad. For some countries, I have prepared a vegetable stir fry as I could not find any salad recipe that I could make. The reason-Either it had eggs or other meats or the ingredients were not locally available / they were too pricey.
- Last but not the least..I learnt a lot about the various cuisines and
that there are many similarities and differences even though the soups
and salads have the same base!
All I can say is that this is going to be a real treat for your taste buds....
And unlike the Indian Food Odyssey ,
I am not going to rave about the stuff that is on Wiki, but am going to share with you some fun / interesting facts/ trivia about the countries that we are going to visit.So the posts are going to be a bit more appealing!
Shall we start our journey?