Chapathi is yet another dish that both the kids love. So here is another version of snacks / meal for the kid when she comes back from school.This sort of dish is an ideal substitute to the commercial chips /biscuits and noodles for tea time.It is filling and healthy.
This goes to the Blogging Marathon #40, Week 1 with the theme - Evening Snacks...
Cabbage- a few leaves
Soy sauce- 1 teaspoon
Tomato sauce- 1 teaspoon
Sambar powder- 1 teaspoon
Ginger garlic paste-1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 teaspoon
Toasted sesame seeds- 1 teaspoon
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Cut the vegetables and the chapathi into thin strips resembling noodles
- Heat oil in a pan and add the onion and ginger garlic paste.Saute till the onion is soft.
- Add the capsicum, carrot,cabbage and saute for a few minutes.Do not over cook. It will taste nice if the vegetables have a nice crunch.
- Add the soy sauce,tomato sauce and sambar powder. Check for salt and add if needed.
- Mix well and add the chapathi strips.
- Toss around gently so that the vegetables and noodles mix well.
- Serve garnished with toasted sesame seeds and coriander leaves.
- Any chapathi can be used like methi parathas /mint/ coriander parathas / roti etc.
- You chili powder / pav bhaji masala, briyani masala instead of sambar powder.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 40
Bon Appetit ...
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Bread Basket, Capsicum Recipes, Flatbreads, KLBRoti, Morning Raga, PN, Taste from waste, Vegan varieties