I am late in posting for Priya's Shhhhh Cooking secretly Challenge. For this month, I was partnered with Vimitha Anand who blogs at My Culinary Trail Room . She gave me two ingredients to cook with - Carrots and Pineapple. Though I had set my mind on Pineapple, I was not not able to prepare anything with it as I was busy with guests and the Kiddo on vacation and finally I chose carrot and made this simple dish.
Sevai / Rice noodles, ready to use - 150 grams
Carrot-1 ,medium,peeled and grated
Roasted peanuts- a handful
Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
Urad dal- 1 teaspoon
Chana dal- 1 teaspoon
Green chilies- 2, chopped
Turmeric powder- a large pinch
Curry leaves- a few
Coconut, grated- 2 tablespoons
Salt to taste
Carrot sevai is ready to serve .This does not require a side dish but can be served with sambar / coconut chutney.
- Take the rice sevai in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard, urad dal , chana dal .
- When it splutters, add the green chilies, curry leaves , turmeric powder ,grated carrot and saute for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the coconut and mix well and remove from heat.
- Pour this over the rice sevai , add roasted peanuts ,salt and mix well to combine.
This post is for Priya's Shhhhh Cooking secretly Challenge....
Labels: Carrot, Goodies from veggies, KLBSevai, Morning Raga, PN, Shhhhh Cooking Secretly Challenge, Snack Bar, Vegan varieties