This week #2 for the Blogging Marathon #40, I have chosen the theme- Mocktails. Mocktails are nothing but mock cocktails that do not contain alcohol and is suitable for everyone.They are also called Punches / Virgin cocktails.
Today I have a simple concoction made of beets and carrots spiked up with black pepper and ginger . I have adapted this recipe from Tarla Dalal's site and adjusted the ingredients to suit our taste.The natural sweetness from the beets and carrots was balanced by the spiciness from the pepper powder and ginger.
The clicks have not come out great, I agree. The beet was not very colorful though it was fresh and the climate is kinda gloomy and raining for the past 3 days and I had no other choice than to click in this weather.Hope I will be able to take better pics if time and weather permits...
Ginger- 1" piece
Freshly cracked pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
Lemon juice- 1 teaspoon / adjust to taste
Salt to taste
Crushed ice- as needed
Mint leaves to garnish
- Peel and boil the beetroot and puree it.
- Grind together carrot and ginger and extract the juice. You can do this in a juicer too. .
- Mix all the ingredients together except ice and mint leaves and filter.
- Check for taste and add water/ lemon juice / salt as needed
- Take a few shot glasses, add a little crushed ice ,pour the juice on top of it and serve garnished with mint leaves.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 40
Bon Appetit ...
Labels: Beetroot, Blogging Marathon, Cool Comforts, Goodies from veggies, Juices, Party Bev, Vegan varieties