This was the cake that I baked for Lil Dude's B'day last week. Since the kiddo was so excited about the cake, I could not make an elaborate one as he wanted to taste it as soon as I put it into the oven to bake!
I used the cake recipe that I posted yesterday and added a bit of almond meal to the batter. I was a bit worried if the addition would change the texture,but it did not!
I could not click step by step pics so given here is the procedure to follow. Check out the Eggless Moist Chocolate cake recipe for the step by step pics....
[I halved this recipe]
All purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups
Cocoa powder- 3 tablespoons
Sugar - 3/4 cup, powdered
Water- 1 cup
Salt- 1/4 teaspoon
Vanilla essence -1 tablespoon
Baking soda-1 teaspoon
[Actual measurements that go with half the quantity of the above ingredients]
Almond meal-1/8 cup
Roasted almond slivers- 1/2 cup
- Sift together the baking soda, cocoa powder and all purpose flour.
- In a bowl mix water, oil, vinegar,salt and sugar.Mix well till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add the sifted flour little by little to the wet mixture and mix so that there are no lumps.
- Stir in the almond meal.Do not over mix. The batter will not be as thin as the Eggless Moist Chocolate cake.
- Pour into a prepared cake pan . Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes or till the cake is done.[Oven timings will vary]
- Remove from the oven and let it sit in the pan for 5-10 minutes but not more than 15 minutes. Invert it slowly over a wire rack and let it cool completely
- Apply chocolate frosting over the cake evenly.Decorate with toasted almond slivers and chocolate balls.
Take a look at the Blogging Marathon page
for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM #37
I will be back tomorrow with another cake recipe which I am going to bake for Lil Angel's birthday. Do check in tomorrow :)
Check out the Kit-Kat cake I baked for Lil Angel's B'day....
Check out the other chocolate cake recipes....
This Day That Year....
Labels: Blogging Marathon, cake, Oven Fresh Eggless Bakes