One of the first things that I wanted to bake is this Chocolate chip Cookies. My lil ones, just like any other kid, loves chocolaty stuff. And when I told them I am going to bake this one, they were over joyed. I made a batch of 32 medium sized cookies and they were gone in 2 hours flat! Even my husband and MIL enjoyed these crunchy cookies!
This is my third post for Blogging Marathon #36,Kid's delight theme.
Recipe Source - Sharmis Passions
All purpose flour / Maida- 1 cup
Butter- 1/3 cup,at room temperature
Powdered Sugar- 1/3 cup
Baking powder-1/4 teaspoon
Baking soda-1/4 teaspoon
Chocolate chips- 1/3 cup
Vanilla essence - 3/4 teaspoon
1.Sift the flour along with baking powder and baking soda. Cream sugar and butter. Add vanilla essence and mix.
2. To this mixture add flour and mix well. It will have a bread crumb like texture. Add a teaspoon of milk and make a dough. If it is still crumby, add some more milk. Add the choco chips.
3.Mix to incorporate it into the dough. Pinch out small balls and place on a tray tray lined with baking paper. Flatten the balls and bake in a preheated oven @ 180 degree C for 15 minutes or till the cookies turn golden brown around the edges.Cool on a wire rack.
Enjoy the crispy ,crunchy cookies....
- This recipe minus the chocolate chip can be used as a basic cookie dough recipe.
- The oven timings will vary with the size of the cookies .So keep an eye on them from 10 minutes.
- The cookie will be soft as soon as they are out from the oven.They will crisp-up once they cool down. Do not over bake them which will make the cookies very hard.
- The cookies will get baked evenly only if they are shaped evenly.
Take a look at the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM #36
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Cookies, Oven Fresh Eggless Bakes, Step-by-step Pictorial Recipes