When it came to 'Cooking with Corn' for this weeks Blogging Marathon theme, I did not want to go in for a rice dish. I have already posted 3 corn based rice dishes[you can find the links to those at the bottom of this post] and was not in a mood to add another now right now. And also I was looking for some simple dish that could be put together quite fast.Thus was born this Chaat!
Today's post is very simple yet a lip smacking snack. Very simple because you just need to put together a few ingredients and lip smacking because of what those ingredients combine to taste like!
To give you a better idea, here is what the The Master chef's Judges' would have commented if they had tasted this Chaat....
The sweetness of the corn and the softness of the tomatoes combining with the crunchiness of the capsicum and the sev,that little hint of coriander and the sweetness from the pomegranate, and of course that sauce lends its sweet and spicy taste is beautifully brought out here .What makes this more delicious is that Chaat masala and those chili flakes. And to be served on those salt crackers is a brilliant idea! And whats more interesting is that it can be put together in a matter of minutes!On the whole this is a cracking dish!!!
So now you know what it tastes like, right!
Boiled sweet corn kernels
Finely chopped capsicum
Finely chopped Tomatoes
Hot and sweet sauce
Chaat masala powder
1.Take the corn, tomato and capsicum in a bowl. Add a little chaat masala , a pinch of chili flakes and mix well. Arrange the biscuits on a serving plate.
2. Place a tablespoon of the corn mixture on each biscuit. Place a dot of sauce over it, sprinkle sev and garnish with coriander leaves.
Place a pomegranate pearl over the mixture and serve immediately....
- These should be served immediately. Keep all the ingredients ready and assemble just before you serve.
- I have not mentioned the quantity of the ingredients . You can add them according to your taste and choice.
- You can add any vegetable you want with corn such as boiled potato, cucumber,onion etc.
- Plain tomato sauce can be used instead of hot and sweet sauce.
- You can plate this in any order .
- You can just dump everything in a bowl and serve .It is taste great even then!
Other Corn recipes from my kitchen
Baby Corn Soup
Baby Corn Capsicum Pulao
Baby Corn Pulao
MW Baby Corn-Peas Masala
Baby Corn Manchurian
Sending this to Chef Mireille's - Taste of the Tropics event themed - Corn
Take a look at the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM #35
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Chaats, KJ, Snack Bar, Step-by-step Pictorial Recipes, Vegan varieties