An Iron rich cookie that the kids will love to munch on! I made this last August and somehow forgot to post it here. When I was looking up the drafts, I saw this one and decided to post it for the 'Bake-a-thon'.
Lil Angel helped me in stamping out the dough with a cookie cutter.She used all the shapes I had and really enjoyed the whole process. She was even more eager to see how 'her' cookies would turn out after being baked!
Seedless Dates- 10 numbers
All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
Wheat flour - 1/2 cup
Butter, melted[not ghee] -1/4 cup
Sugar- 1 tablespoon
- Chop dates and bring to boil in a pan with 1/2 cup water for 10 minutes. Cool and puree.
- Take the flours, butter,sugar and mix to get a bread crumb consistency.
- Add the dates puree and knead to a dough. Roll into a log and wrap it up in a cling sheet and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Take out from the fridge and roll out into 1/4 " thickens.
- Using a cookie cutter stamp out shapes of your choice.
- Arrange on a tray lined with butter paper and prick with a fork.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degree C for 15 minutes or till golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
The cookies are ready to be enjoyed!
- The oven timings will vary depending on the size and thickness of the cookie
- The cookie will be soft but will become crisp after it cools down.
- The dates I used was very sweet so I used only a tablespoon of sugar. Add sugar to suit your taste.
- I used a chocolate glaze and some sprinkles and the kids loved it even more....
Here are the other bakes that are a part of this Bake- A - Thon group....
This cake also goes to Kalyani's Only Baked Treats , an event started by Pari, Nayna's Let's Cook Christmas Party Foods
Labels: Bake-A-Thon, Cookies, Oven Fresh Eggless Bakes