I love coffee! And who doesn't love chocolate!And when these two are combined its absolute heaven!! I made these cupcakes for my birthday and they were a huge hit at home. The kids loved it as usual. It was super moist and tasty!
Not knowing my plans of baking for birthday, hubby came home with a huge black forest cake! So it was double celebration for my birthday last week!
The kids enjoyed both the cakes and Lil Angel wished aloud that such kinds of surprises should happen often. I asked what she meant and she replied that if such things happen she would get to eat a lot of cakes!!!
Yields -16-18 cupcakes
All purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups
Unsweetened Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup
Instant coffee powder - 2 tablespoons
Powdered Sugar- 1 cup
Hot water- 1 cup
Vanilla essence- 2 teaspoons
Vinegar -1 tablespoon
Oil- 1/4 cup
Baking soda- 1 teaspoon
Salt -1/2 teaspoon
1. Line the muffin pan and keep aside. Dissolve the coffee powder in hot water. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
2. To the coffee mix, add vinegar, vanilla essence and oil.
3. Mix well. Add the sifted flour mixture in batches and mix till combined.
4. Spoon out into the prepared muffin pan and bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degree C for 20 minutes or till a skewer comes out clean when inserted into a cupcake. Once the cake is done, remove onto a wire rack to cool.
Serve as such or add a whipped cream frosting and some sprinkles for color....
- I used Bru instant coffee powder.
- I powdered the sugar first and then measured it.
- The batter will be slightly runny but there is no need to worry.
- You can skip the coffee and add hot water alone to the mix the flour mixture.
Here are the other bakes that are a part of this Bake- A - Thon group....
This cake also goes to Srivalli's Cake Mela, Kalyani's Only Baked Treats , an event started by Pari, Nayna's Let's Cook Christmas Party Foods
Labels: Bakes, cake, Oven Fresh Eggless Bakes, Step-by-step Pictorial Recipes