This week I had nothing prepared for Cooking From Cookbooks Challenge. I had a few raita recipes bookmarked and I made one of them today.
Raitas are curd based condiments that go well with flavored rice varieties/ roti or can be enjoyed on their own as such.
This one is from Aval Vikadan's - 30 corn recipes book. I changed it a bit to suit our taste.
Boiled corn kernels - 1/4 cup
Finely chopped cucumber- 1/4 cup
Fresh yogurt / curd- 2 cups
Grated ginger- 1/4 teaspoon
Red chili flakes- 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste.
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Whisk the curd with salt.
- Add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Serve garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
- You can add a seasoning of mustard, cumin seeds along with green chilies.
- A bit of grated coconut added to the raita will make it richer and more flavorful.
This post is for the Cookbook Challenge of the month....
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Raita, Rotisides, Whoz on my side, Yumm Yoghurt