Corn Cucumber Raita for CCC

This week I had nothing prepared for Cooking From Cookbooks Challenge. I had a few raita recipes bookmarked and I made one of them today.

Raitas are curd based condiments that go well with flavored rice varieties/ roti or can be enjoyed on their own as such.

This one is from Aval Vikadan's - 30 corn recipes book. I changed it a bit to suit our taste.


I used:

Boiled corn kernels - 1/4 cup
Finely chopped cucumber- 1/4 cup
Fresh yogurt / curd- 2 cups
Grated ginger- 1/4 teaspoon
Red chili flakes- 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste.
Coriander leaves to garnish


  1. Whisk the curd with salt.
  2. Add all the ingredients and mix well.
  3. Serve garnished with chopped coriander leaves.




Note:



This post is for the Cookbook Challenge of the month....



Bon Appetit...



Labels: , , , ,