One of the veggies that I cannot resist buying is baby corn.I love to add it to pulao, noodles and other dishes,kids love the baby corn fritter.So if I see a pack of baby corn, it will surely be in my basket.
When I saw the themes for Blogging Marathon #36, I immediately chose' Cooking with Corn' for the first week.
The first recipe is a simple soup that can be paired with a bread / sandwich.It is very simple to make and I feel it is very apt for this chilly and rainy climate that is prevalent now....
Baby Corn- 6 numbers, cut into small pieces
Maggie seasoning cube- 1
Garlic, grated- 1 teaspoon
Ginger, grated- 1 teaspoon
Corn flour - 1 tablespoon
Oil- 1 teaspoon
Coriander to garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
- Dissolve the seasoning cube in 1/8 cup water. Similarly dissolve the corn flour in a little water. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the ginger and garlic and saute for a couple of minutes.Put in the baby corn and saute for 3 minutes.
- Pour in 4 cups of water and the water in which the seasoning cube has been dissolved and bring to boil. Simmer and let the baby corn cook. The baby corn should be cooked yet it should have a light crunch to bite.
- Add the corn flour mixture stirring continuously. Simmer fro 2-3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add salt ad freshly cracked pepper and coriander leaves.Serve piping hot!
- I did not have vegetable stock, so I used the seasoning cube. If vegetable stock is available, use that instead.
- After removing the soup from heat, you can add a little bit of lemon juice.
- You can add other finely chopped vegetables carrot, beans, potato, peas etc.
- Also sweet corn can be used instead of baby corn...
I enjoyed this bowl of hot soup with with garlic toas
Take a look at the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM #35
Sending this to Chef Mireille's - Taste of the Tropics event themed - Corn
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Slurpy soups