The weather is chill and cloudy for most of the day today. All I wanted to do was spend the day in a cozy place and not to worry about anything else. But the kids felt otherwise! As usual the weekend was busy and now that Lil Angel has holidays, I was looking for ways to keep her entertained and satisfy her 'snack cravings'.
I made this simple pakoda with baby corn from the book- 30 types of Pakoda's from the Aval Vikadan supplement. I was not sure if the kids would like it so I made a small batch but looking at how fast it disappeared from plate, I felt I should have doubled or tripled the recipe!
This crunchy snack was apt for the chill weather along with a cup of piping hot coffee....
Baby corn- 10 pieces, cut into pieces
Gram flour / Besan-2 tablespoons
Corn flour- 2 tablespoons
Chili powder- 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves- a few
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
Take all the ingredients except the oil in a bowl and mix well. Add a little water and mix well to bind all the ingredients together as shown. Heat oil for deep frying.
2. Take small bits of the dough and drop into the oil.Fry the pieces till golden brown. Remove with a slotted ladle and serve as such or with tomato sauce...
- Add just a little water to bind the ingredients .It should not become watery.
- First fry a little of the pakoda and do a taste test. If it is too soft, add a little more rice flour.
- Once the oil is hot, simmer and then start frying in batches. If the oil is too hot, the pakoda will darken / char
- You can also add a handful of chopped coriander / mint leaves.
Labels: CCChallenge, Party Snacks, Snack Bar, Vegan varieties