Yesterday I made this Instant Ragi rava dosa and I used the white rava also called Sooji / Suji.Today, I have used Wheat Rava to make this idli along with Ragi and red rice flour. As I mentioned yesterday these two flours are there in the pantry for quite some time and thought I will use it in this recipe too....
All the ingredients are healthy and since it is a steamed dish, it is definitely nice to have this included once in a while at least in the breakfast menu because it is healthy, easy and instant!
Ragi flour - 1/2 cup
Rice flour - 1/2 cup
Wheat rava - 1/2 cup
Sour curd- 1 1/2 cups
Salt to taste
Eno salt - 1 teaspoon
Oil- 1 teaspoon
Mustard- 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
Chana dal- 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves- a few
- Mix all flours and rawa in a bowl.
- Add the salt and curd and mix well.
- Heat oil for seasoning and add all the ingredients mentioned under it. When the mustard splutters and the dal turns brown, pour into the batter. Mix well.
- Set the batter aside for 10-15 minutes.Check the consistency of the batter after resting time.It has to be thick like the regular idli batter. Adjust the consistency by adding water/ flour.
- Grease idli molds and keep aside.
- When ready to cook, add a teaspoon of eno fruit salt to the batter and mix gently and immediately pour into molds and steam for 15 minutes/ till done.
- When done, remove from mold and serve immediately with sambar / chutney / side dish of your choice....
- You can use regular rice flour too.
- Serve this immediately. This hardens up a bit when eaten cold. You can sprinkle a little water over the idlis and MW for a minute and serve it piping hot too.
- The left over batter[before adding Eno] can be stored in the fridge and used later.
- Fruit salt has to be added just before you are ready to steam it. So if doing it in batches, keep the main batter bowl without adding Eno and then dish the quantity needed and add eno to that batter only.
- You can also add grated carrots to the batter.
Take a look at the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM #34
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Idli Recipes, KLBIdli, Millet Mania, Morning Raga, Ragi, SI