When it comes to Chapathi / Roti the only thing only two things that Lil Angel loves are Paneer Parotta and the Cheese Stuffed Chapathi.She can have the Cheese stuffed Chapthi everyday and prefers it fort he lunch box too! Now her tastes are developing and I am glad that is is experimenting around other flavors as well.
This is another 'Lil Angel approved' dish and I make extra chapathi / parotta just to make this dish. Actually everyone at home is a fan of this dish but the Lil ones always get a bigger share :). If making it for the whole family, I suggest you prepare this in a large quantity so that everyone gets to taste it.
This is also suitable to pack for the lunchbox and does not need a side dish. But, if you are serving this at home, you can pair it with a simple raita or serve as such.
This is the second dish is under the theme 'Mess Free Lunch Box' for the 34th edition of Blogging Marathon, Week 1.
Adapted from : Sharmis Passions
Parotta -3, cut into small pieces
Ginger garlic paste- 1 teaspoon
Tomato Sauce- 1 tablespoon
Sambar powder- 1 teaspoon
Mustard- 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder- 1/4 teaspoon
Curry leaves- a few
Oil- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish
Saute in a teaspoon of oil and grind to a paste
Tomato -1, chopped
Cashews- 5 numbers
Poppy seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Heat a griddle / tawa and add a tablespoon of oil. Spread the parotta pieces over the tawa and saute it for a while till it becomes a little crisp. The parotta should not become too dry and shrivel up too much.Remove from heat and keep aside
- Heat another teaspoon of oil in a pan and add the mustard and cumin. After a few seconds, put int he curry leaves.
- When the mustard splutters, add the onion, ginger garlic paste and saute till the onions turn pink.
- Put in the capsicum and stir for a couple of minutes till the capsicum is soft yet has a cruch to it.
- Add the ground paste, tomato sauce,turmeric powder,sambar powder and cook this paste for 2 minutes. If the mixture is dry add a little watery but it should not become watery.
- Add the roasted parotta pieces and mix well so that the masala coats the parotta pieces.
- Simmer and cook for a couple of minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve garnished with coriander leaves.
- This dish does not dry up so ideal for lunch box.
- Instead of parotta, chapati, roti can also be used.
- Garam masala , pav bhaji masala, red chili powder etc can be used instead of sambar powder. Each one will lend a different taste to the dish.
- I added mustard by force of habit.You can use it or leave it out.
- If you are in a hurry to make this add chopped onions after adding the onions and saute till soft and mushy. Then add capsicum and proceed. This way you can skip the ground paste.
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Delights From Leftovers, Flatbreads, KLBRoti, Morning Raga, Paneer, Vegan varieties