Exactly 6 months ago, Lil Angel and me had a small picnic in our backyard. I had planned a small picnic menu which had....
Mid morning snacks
Lemon tea and Pink guava juice
Tea time snacks
In that post , I had promised that I will be posting this marble cake recipe soon .I know that this post is 6 month over due but better late than never right!!
So,this is my post for Blogging Marathon #33, with the theme - Eggless Cakes
Adapted from : Sharmis Passions
All purpose flour / Maida- 1 1/4 cups
Condensed milk-3 tablespoons
Powdered sugar - 3/4 cup
Butter - 1/2 cup
Baking Soda- 1/2 teaspoon
Baking Powder - 2 teaspoons
Cocoa powder-2 tablespoons
Vanilla essence - 1 teaspoon
Hot water - 2 tablespoons
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda thrice and keep aside.
- Beat together butter and sugar till fluffy.
- Add the milk and beat till creamy.
- Add the vanilla essence, condensed milk and stir to mix.
- Add the maida / all purpose flour and mix well to form a creamy batter.
- Take 1/4th of this batter and add the cocoa powder mixed with hot water.
- Grease a pan with butter and dust maida/ all purpose flour / line a cake tin.
- Pour the vanilla batter into the tray to fill half of it and then pour the chocolate batter in small circles a little apart [on the vanilla batter].The total batter must fill only 3/4th of the pan.
- Using a fork make swirl patterns of the chocolate batter.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 170 C for 45 minutes or till a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, leave to for 10 minutes and invert into a wire rack to cool.
- Once fully cooled cut and serve.
I had some batter remaining so I made some cupcakes also......
- The cake is very soft so slice carefully only after the cake has cooled down completely.
Take a look at the Blogging Marathon page to check out what my friends are cooking in the 33rd edition of this event....
Labels: Bakes, Blogging Marathon, cake, Oven Fresh Eggless Bakes