The all time favorite vegetable got a new avatar in our kitchen many months ago and that's how long this post has been in the drafts too!
When I first saw this in Vaishali's blog
, I had baby potatoes at home and immediately set off to prepare it. This is such an easy dish and it is absolutely delicious.It is fried which might be reason for it being so yum and the other reason I think is the addition of amchoor powder / dry mango powder..
So this is my final post for this week with the theme Moderator's choice, where Srivalli had given us several options to choose from .So from the choices I have this potato curry, Sindhi style,today that falls under the category -Cook from any BM member's blog....
Recipe Source:Ribbon's To Pasta's
Baby potato - 1/4 kilo, boiled and peeled
Chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Amchoor powder / Dry Mango powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil to fry
- Heat oil and fry the potatoes till evenly golden brown.
- Drain out the excess oil and return the potatoes to the pan.
- Sprinkle the salt, coriander powder, chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder, amchoor powder and mix well.
- Cook on low flame for a few minutes and remove from heat.
Serve as a side dish with rice.
- A couple of times, I have used chaat masala instead of amchoor powder and the taste was great too! I added it after taking the potato off the heat.
- Instead of boiling the potato you can cook it directly in the oil. That is what the original recipe says. But I followed the above method.
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Dry Veg Curries, Goodies from veggies, Potato