After a small gap, I am back in action for the Blogging Marathon. This week I have taken the theme - Microwave cooking. Though we use microwave regularly, I haven't been posting the recipes prepared exclusively in the MW.
So today, it is a simple and flavorful gravy of potato in a delicious tomato sauce that pairs well with pulaos as well as with rotis.I had bookmarked this from Srivalli's blog a long time back and now is the time to post it!...
Adapted from :Cooking 4 all seasons
Ginger garlic paste- 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
Kasuri methi / dried fenugreek leaves- 1 teaspoon
Oil- 2 teaspoons
Salt to taste
Masala Powders :
Kashmiri chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder- a large pinch
Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Peel the potato and cut into cubes.In a microwave safe bowl, cook the potato in plenty of water on High for 10 minutes or till just done. Drain water and keep the potatoes aside.
- Blanch tomato and puree it.
- In a MW safe bowl, take oil , cumin seeds, ginger garlic paste, onions and mix well. MW on medium for 5 minutes or till the onion turns translucent.
- To the same bowl add the tomato puree, all the masala powders and salt and mix.Microwave covered on medium heat for 8 minutes . Stir twice in between. Don't let the tomato dry up. Add water if needed.
- Put in the potato, a little water to adjust the consistency and microwave for another 2 minutes.
- Lightly crush the kasuri mehti between your palms and add to the bowl and MW on medium for 2 minutes.Let it rest inside the microwave for a few more minutes.
- Remove from MW and serve garnished with coriander leaves..
The cooking time will vary depending on the MW and the quantity. So adjust it accordingly.
Also take a look at the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM #31
This Day That Year
2012 - Carrot Paruppu Usili
2010 - Carrot Lentil Soup
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Microwave Magic, Potato, Rotisides, Vegan varieties, Whoz on my side