My family loves soup. So this time when I was paired with Min for Taste and Create, that was what I started searching. Though I have already posted a simple mushroom soup and Cheesy mushroom soup, I wanted to make her version as well....
I made a few changes because those ingredients are not available here, other than that it is her recipe that you see below.
Recipe Source - Bad Girl's Kitchen
Button Mushrooms - 200 grams, chopped
Vegetable stock -2 cups
Full cream milk 1/4 cup
All purpose flour - 2 teaspoons
Butter- 2 tablespoons
Dried oregano - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- In a pan add the vegetable stock and the chopped mushroom and onions, garlic.
- Simmer till the mushroom is cooked. Cool and puree. You can leave it at a little 'chunky' stage so that you get to bite into small bits of mushroom.
- In another pan, melt butter and whisk in the flour till smooth.
- Add the milk,oregano and the mushroom puree.Mix well and simmer for a few minutes till it thickens.
- Add salt and pepper and serve garnished with chopped coriander.
- I have used milk instead of half and half that Min used in her recipe.
- I have omitted the Sherry that she added at the end.
Each month,it is fun creating dishes for Taste and Create ...Would you like to join ? .Just email Min -email@example.com with your name, blog name and a link to your blog to sign up.Hope to see you in the next edition of Taste and Create....
Labels: * Taste And Create, Goodies from veggies, Mushroom, Slurpy soups