Flavored rice varieties are something that I love to prepare and make a few varieties on a regular basis along with our meal. Trying out different types makes the tummy happy and of course I get stuffs for the blog!
A few days back, I made this baby corn pulao and I paired it with a simple Boondi Raita.This is my recipe for the Blogging Marathon, Week # 2, under the theme 'Main course dishes'.
Basmathi rice - 1 cup
Baby corn- 10 numbers
Onion- 1, small , sliced
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
Pav bhaji masala- 2 teaspoons
Red chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil -1 tablespoon
Corinader leaves to garnish
For Boondi Raita
- Wash the basmati rice and drain.Chop baby corn into small pieces. Keep aside
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and put in the cumin seeds.
- When it splutters, add the ginger garic paste and saute for a minute.
- Put in the onion and saute till translucent.
- Add 2 cups of water[or the quantity of water you usually add while cooking basmati rice] and bring to boil.
- Put in the rice, baby corn, salt, bav bhaji , red chilli powder and mix well.
- Cover and pressure cook for 3 hisses or 10 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- When the pressure releases , fluff up with a fork and serve garnished with coriander leaves.
Homemade Boondi - 1/2 cup + extra to garnish
Fresh homemade yogurt - 1 cup
Red chilli flakes- to taste
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish
Tastes best when served immediately after it is prepared. It is a light crunch. But you can also prepare it a little ahead and garnish with boondi before serving for the crunchy feel.
- Whisk together curd and salt.If the curd is too thick, add a little water, but the raita should not be too watery.
- Add the boondi and mix gently.
- Serve garnished with boondi,coriander leaves and chilli flakes.
Also take a look at the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM #31
Labels: Blogging Marathon, KLBRice, Raita, Rendezvous with Rice, Vegan varieties