Eggless baking group decided to make Jam swirl muffins suggested by Priya . I was quite eager to make this as Lil Angel loves anything with jam and indeed she loved it to the core!
I used the basic eggless vanilla cake recipe and used mixed fruit jam. The result was good and we enjoyed it as such. Though I found it a tad sweeter than I would have liked, Lil Angel was completely bowled over.
Inspired by Technicolor Kitchen
Makes - 16 muffins
All purpose flour - 1 1/2 cup
Thick yogurt - 1 cup
Sugar -1 cup
Baking powder- 1 teaspoon
Baking soda -1/2 teaspoon
Sunflower oil - 1/2 cup
Mixed fruit jam- 3/4 cup
Hot water- 1 tablespoon [or more ]
- Sift the all purpose flour and keep aside.
- Add the sugar to the curd and mix till it dissolves.
- To this mixture ,add the baking powder and baking soda. Mix and leave aside for a few minutes.
- Once you see small bubbles on the surface, add the oil and the essence and mix well.
- Into this mixture add the all purpose flour little by little and mix well.
- If the jam it too thick , dilute it with a little hot water.
- Pour the prepared batter into a muffin an lined with muffin liner till each muffin is 3/4th full.
- Place a teaspoon or more of the jam in the center and use a fork to swirl it around to create a marbled effect..
- Bake at 180 degrees in a pre heated oven for 20 minutes or till a tooth prick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve.
- The mufins were a little sticky when hot, after they cooled it was not so.
- You can use any jam of your choice
- The jam can be added to the batter, mixing it gently to get a marbled effect and spooned into the muffin pan.
Labels: Bakes, cake, Eggless Bakin Group, Oven Fresh Eggless Bakes