This is one of my favorite ingredient in the kitchen!!I can never imagine a meal without curd.Sometimes I can even use it
as a side dish for breakfast/ dinner dishes if there is nothing else
available.And as for the cooling raitas prepared with the curds, I can
eat it as a meal. .Do I need anymore points to prove my love for this delicious thing!!
The health benefits of yogurt are aplenty and mighty impressive!Here are a few that I found interesting...
Here are a few recipe ideas...
has a good amount of 'good' bacteria,ie live bacteria or Probiotics
that are essential to maintain healthy intestinal flora.For this the
yogurt must be prepared with live/active bacteria.It helps in conditions
like constipation/ diarrhoea/colon cancer/Inflammatory bowel disease
and H.pylori infection.
- Lactobacillus casei,a strain of bacteria helps in boosting the immunity.
- Calcium is one important mineral that is required to prevent
osteoporosis and yogurt has loads of this vital nutrient.[Calcium is
very important for women].Because of the presence of Calcium,it boosts
the body's ability to build bones.
- Prevents and heals arthritis.
- Protects against ulcer.
- It prevents vaginal yeast infections.
- It is also a good source of phosphorus,protein and energy.
- Last but not the least,a study proved that consuming around 90 grams
of yogurt/day reduces bad breath and the amount of bacteria coating the
tongue,reduces dental plaques,cavities and risk of gingivitis.
Labels: Kitchen Dictionary