I have expressed my love for flavored rice varieties and have around 75 varieties to prove the same.So when it came to choosing recipes from a partner blog for this week's Blogging Marathon theme, I looked up in Veena's blog and found this simple sesame rice recipe.
My earlier version is slightly different and I knew this version of Veena's would be very flavorful too,and I was not disappointed.
Source - Veg Nation
Rice - 1/2 cup
White sesame seeds- 1/4 cup
Urad dhal - 2 teaspoons
Red chillies- 2
Asafoetida powder- a large pinch
Coconut grated- 3 teaspoons
Salt to taste
Sesame oil- 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves a few\Red chilli -1
- Steam rice as you would normally do and spread it on a plate to cool.
- Dry roast the sesame seed on low flame till it crackles. Remove to a plate and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and roast the urad dal and red chilli till the dal turns brown.
- Switch off the flame and put in coconut and mix well.
- Once this cools grind it to a fine powder along with toasted sesame seeds.
- Add this powder to the cooked rice along with salt to taste.
- In a small pan heat sesame oil and put in mustard , curry leaves and asafoetida.
- As soon as the mustard splutter, pour it over the rice and mix well
Serve with a crispy of your choice.
Labels: Blogging Marathon, KLBRice, Rendezvous with Rice, Sesame Seeds, Vegan varieties