Once again a pasta dish! Lil Angel is head over heels in love with pastas and I find it easier to get her to eat if there is pasta in the dish that she normally refuses. Of late,she detests soups except her favorite drumstick soup, so I am finding ways and means to get her to take in vegetables and this soup serves two purposes. It has veggies and is filling!
Recently I experimented and found out that pasta can be cooked in the pressure cooker. I have been following this method ever since. Pasta dishes get done in a jiffy!
Whole wheat pasta-1/2 cup
Mixed vegetables- 1/2 cup [I used potato,peas,beans and carrots,onion,a few slices of garlic]
Corn flour-1 teaspoon
Red chili flakes- 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
- Pressure cook the pasta with 1 1/2 cups water. In another separator vessel,put in the chopped veggies and add a little water.Pressure cook for 2 hisses.
- Once the pressure releases, drain the water from the pasta and rinse under cold water. Keep aside.
- Heat the vegetable along with the water used to cook it.
- Add the pasta, salt,oregano and some water to get the desired consistency.
- Dissolve the corn flour in a little water and add to the pan.
- Stir well and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve garnished with chili flakes.
- You can add any flavourings/ herbs / spices to suit your taste.
- You can also saute the onion and garlic in a little butter before adding the vegetables.
- If you want a lighter soup, omit the corn flour.
This goes to Pavani's event- 5 ingredient fix, which she is hosting this month in Srivalli's Kid's Delight event.She has given salt/sugar, chili powder/pepper powder, oil/butter as freebies and this dish which uses very few ingredients seems apt for her event.
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Pasta Recipes, PN, Slurpy soups