Masala Spring Onion Paratha

When the dosa batter box is empty, the dish I turn to is Poori / Chapathi. With thousands[yes, 1000's] of varieties of roti/paratha/chapathi to choose from,my folks never feel that a dish is a repeated. A single or multiple ingredient(s) added to the basic dough makes a lot of difference and changes the taste of the end product. So am I not right when I mentioned we have 1000's varieties to choose from!

 A few days back, when I was cleaning the contents of the freezer,I found some frozen spring onion.While in China, I used to make Bing - Chinese Spring onion stuffed parathas often.This time I put the frozen spring onion greens to use in the paratha. To give a twist to the meal , I added a spice mix and the result - Empty bread box and happy tummies :)

So this is my first recipe for this month's Blogging Marathon,Week # 3, with the theme, Indian flat breads - Blended breads...


I used :

Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
Spring onion greens,chopped- 1/4 cup
Pav bhaji masala - 1 teaspoon
Ajwain seeds- 1 teaspoon
Fresh thick yogurt-2 tablespoons
Salt to taste


  1. Take all the ingredients in a large bowl.
  2. Add water little by little and knead to a smooth dough.Let it rest for 10 minutes.
  3. Pinch out small balls of the dough and roll into parathas.
  4. Heat a griddle and cook each side till brown spots appear.
  5. Remove from heat and serve hot with a side dish of your choice.....



Note :

Masala Spring Onion Parathas
with
Baby corn peas masala



Take a look at the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#28

Bon Appetit...

Labels: , , , ,