While we are already reeling under the oppressive heat for the past
several days, the official peak summer or 'Agni Nakshatram' started
yesterday and will continue for the next 25 days!
To beat the heat, juices, milkshakes, ice creams feature more frequently in our place. Saturday has officially been declared as the Ice cream day for Lil Angel. That means she gets to eat as many as she wants on Saturdays apart from the couple of ice creams she has on the other days of the week.
I made this simple Mango Fro-Yo a couple of days ago and even before I could pick up my cam, the fro-yo cups disappeared.
Last Saturday I made this again.Lil Angel chose to call it ice cream as it tasted just like one and hubby was glad that it was home made and over indulgence won't hurt.
While I made this in the morning, Lil Angel stood beside me and as I was pouring it into the cups, she suggested I do some garnishing. I asked her what she wanted and she promptly took out all that she liked from the pantry.The fro-yo did look pretty and tasted great too.....
This time, I made sure to make some extra cups so that I could have some for the clicks...
Mango pulp - 1 cup [from 2 medium sized mangoes]
Thick yogurt - 11/2 cup
Powdered sugar- a little less than 1/2 cup
Garnishes of your choice - I used Chopped cherries, tutti-frutti,choco chips and sprinkles
- Tie the yogurt in a muslin cloth and let the whey drip for a couple of hours.
- Blend together the mango pulp, hung yogurt and sugar.
- Pour into small cup .Add the garnish of your choice on top. Cover with a cling wrap. Secure it with a rubber band.
- Freeze till set and enjoy!!!!
|Mango Fro-Yo garnished with Lil Angel's Favorite sprinkles |
Take a look at the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#28
- If you freeze this in a small tub, take out when half set and beat well and return to freezer.In that case do not add the topping. Garnish it while serving. I did not beat the fro yo the second time as I set it in small cups. If the fro yo is beaten a couple of times when half set, it will be creamier.
- Adjust the sugar to suit your taste.
Sending this to Pari's Only event, this month with the theme - Only Chilled and Frozen desserts....
Labels: Blogging Marathon, Frozen Delights, Fun With Fruits, Mango, Party Icecreams, Yogurt based Coolers, Yumm Yoghurt