For the third day of the final week of Blogging Marathon,I chose this recipe from Pavani's blog- Cook's Hideout. It was a very apt choice as I wanted to prepare this from one of the many bookmarked source but never did and the idli batter had just got over.
Poha dosas are really very soft. I made mini upthppam and the kids loved the spongy texture of dosas.
I used :
Recipe Source-Cook's Hideout
Rice - 1 cup
Poha/ pressed rice-3/4 cup
Salt to taste
- Soak the rice for 5 hours. Soak the poha for half an hour.
- Drain the water from both and grind to a smooth batter with some buttermilk and salt.The consistency should be similar to dosa batter consistency[A little thinner than idli batter]
- Let it ferment till it doubles[or leave it overnight]
- Mix well and make dosas on a hot griddle.
- Serve hot with a side dish of your choice.
Labels: Andra Pradesh Cuisine, Aval, Blogging Marathon, Morning Raga, SI, Yumm Yoghurt