Somehow, I have stopped sprouting legumes. Maybe its because I am caught up with other activities that this simple process skips my mind. Earlier this month, I was browsing through the older posts in my blog and came across some recipes with sprouts and thought its never too late to start sprouting legumes again and immediately soaked some kaala channa and the next day the processing started.
So with a huge batch of sprouts, the first thing I wanted to try was this pulao. The last of the frozen spring onions had to be used up as I needed some freezer space, so added it to the pulao.Plus I also had the chance to use up the pulao masala I had got for 'cooking from back of the pack' which was one of the themes in an earlier BM edition.So all this in the pulao resulted in a tasty deal.I am sure you remember this click from the Mother's Day Celebration menu.
Basmati rice - 1 cup
Sprouted kaala channa - 1 cup
Onion -1,small ,thinly sliced
Spring onions- 5 stalks, white and greens chopped separately
Ginger garlic paste-1 teaspoon
MTR Pulao masala - 2 teaspoons
Salt to taste
Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
Ghee- 1 teaspoon
Spring onion greens to garnish
- Wash the basmati rice and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and the cumin seeds.
- When it splutters, add the ginger garlic paste, spring onion whites and chopped onion.Saute till the onion is translucent.
- Bring 2 cups[or the quantity of water you usually add to cook a cup of basmati rice] to boil.
- Add the pulao masala,spring onion greens,sprouted kaala channa,salt ,basmati rice and stir to mix.
- Cover and pressure cook for 10 minutes / till done.
- Let the pressure release .Open the cooker and fluff up the rice with a fork / gently transfer into a serving dish.
Serve gsrnished with spring onion greens with a raita and crispies of your choice.
Sending this to Roshini who is hosting Healthy Diet - Cooking with sprouts, an event started by dear Priya Suresh
Take a look at the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#27
Labels: Blogging Marathon, KLBRice, Rendezvous with Rice, Vegan varieties